Chief Litigation Strategist
Ms. Dessalines is a former Senior Vice President & Assistant General Counsel of McKesson Corporation. As a recognized and respected master litigation strategist in high stakes litigation, she represented a Fortune 14 corporation for over 16 years where she managed and successfully resolved multi-billion-dollar privacy, class action matters. Active in the community and the recipient of numerous professional awards and distinctions, Ms. Dessalines was recently named One of California’s Top 10 In-House Counsel by the Daily Journal.
During her near twenty year career at McKesson, Ms. Dessalines:
- Supervised outside counsel and advised senior executives on multi-million dollar litigation on a nationwide basis for world’s largest healthcare supply, information and care management company;
- Worked with external auditors in preparation and updating of public company reports;
- Implemented litigation policy on healthcare regulatory, customer and supplier disputes, intellectual property, privacy, trade secret, employment and other complex business litigation;
- Founded company-wide intellectual property committee responsible for devising comprehensive strategy and developing portfolio consistent with overall IP policy; and
- Lead e-discovery group, created and oversaw strategic technology program for General Counsel Organization.
Summary of Career Highlights:
- Master litigation strategist in high stakes litigation for Fortune 14 corporation for over 16 years;
- Expert in class action strategy, evaluation, defense and settlement analysis;
- Privacy litigation, federal and state regulatory compliance expert;
- Created inaugural intellectual property program for Fortune 14 corporation;
- Masterminded 2012 amendment of California’s Confidentiality in Medical Information Act to benefit Covered Entity and Business Associate disclosures.
- Managed and successfully resolved multi-billion-dollar privacy, class action matters for Fortune 14 corporation.
Georgetown University Law Center – Washington, D.C.
J.D., May 1985
Howard University, School of Communications – Washington, D.C.
B.A., cum laude, May 1981
Major: Broadcast Management
Washington, D.C. – 1985
California – 1986
Oklahoma – 1993
Professional and Community Organizations and Awards:
Named One of California’s Top 10 In-House Counsel by Daily Journal – 2012
California Diversity Council 2012 Multicultural Leadership Award – 2012
American Bar Association – Co-Chair Litigation Mgt., Corporate Counsel Committee
Bar Association of San Francisco – Corporate Counsel Section Co-Chair 2011 – 2014; Board 2002 – 2005; Judiciary Chair 2000 – 2002
Black Women Lawyers of Northern California – Past President 2006 – 2008
United Negro College Fund – Executive Board 1999 – 2010
Allen E. Broussard Scholarship Foundation – Board of Directors 1998 – present
Big Brothers / Big Sisters of the East Bay – Board of Directors 1999 – 2002