Daniel C. Quintero
Founding & Managing Partner
Daniel C. Quintero is a Founding Partner — and now Managing Partner — of Prometheus Partners LLP, a diverse group of accomplished former Big Law Partners and Executive In House counsel who chose a name that reflected their approach to the practice of law: Prometheus.
Mr. Quintero is largely well respected for his views on innovation and technology and was named one of California’s Top 20 General Counsel by the Daily Journal.
Prior to founding Prometheus Partners, Mr. Quintero was the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Sony Optiarc America Inc.Mr. Quintero concurrently served in the capacity of Senior Managing Counsel and Director for Sony Electronics Inc. and, in that capacity, counseled numerous operational divisions within Sony and managed Sony’s Silicon Valley law department operations.
Mr. Quintero’s experience includes advising executive management and the board of directors of globally recognized, multi-national corporations, and negotiating and structuring major transactions (including multi-million and multi-billion dollar engagements).
In addition to counseling clients in high-tech, biotechnology and entertainment (including Fortune 100 C-level executives and boards) Mr. Quintero was recently:
- Named General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Cellastra Inc., a cellular therapeutics and regenerative medicine company;
- Named to Cellastra’s Board of Directors;
- Named Chairman of Databeat Software AS, the software technology affiliate of Databeat.Net AS, a public European company that successfully deployed its disruptive digital distribution platform for numerous established retail chains.
- Named Corporate Secretary for RedEye Animation Corporation, an ambitious entertainment and animation company in Hollywood;
- Named to RedEye Animation Corporation’s Board of Directors; and
- Named Corporate Secretary for Eleven Management Group, a global fashion model development & placement group that is refining the traditional agency model to create a disruptive platform that generates innovative ancillary revenue streams for both Eleven Management and its models.
- Named to Eleven Management Group’s Board of Directors.
- Named to the advisory board of Foxwordy Inc., a silicon valley start up that designed and markets an innovative technology platform to leverage untapped institutional knowledge and collaborative potential
He also speaks frequently in various fora (universities, law schools, law firms, American Bar Association events, etc.).
Additionally, Mr. Quintero plays an active role in the community – serving in leadership roles for such organizations as the Oakland East Bay Symphony and the East Bay Performing Arts – for which he recently received an award from the Mexican-American Bar Foundation.
Mr. Quintero received his undergraduate degree from the University of San Francisco (USF), and received his law degree from Berkeley Law (Boalt Hall), University of California at Berkeley.
Prior to Law School, Mr. Quintero held positions in the semiconductor industry as both a Plasma Engineer and Sr. Systems Engineer (Integrated Device Technologies and Xicor Inc.).